Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Keep Balls Safe

Hey folks. I have new essays coming, but two bits of important news about Balls to Congress.

The first is that its co-founders, myself and Annie, are going to be interviewed on WLUW-Chicago (88.7 FM) this Friday at 6:00 pm for Outside the Loop Radio. Take a listen if you're in the Chicagoland area, check out the podcast if you ain't!

The second and more serious note is that progressive radio commentator Ed Schultz started a ball-sending system startlingly similar to Balls to Congress only last month. (I'm not linking to it because I don't want it to get any more hits; I've been looking often enough myself.) From what we've read of the gentleman, it sounds like an honest mistake of too little research on his office's part, and we're in the process of contacting him in the hope that he'll retract and acknowledge that our work was present on the internets three months earlier. But if I could have regular readers of this blog willing to say that they've been following the development of Balls to Congress since November 2006, the support would help me a lot.

Also, if you are the webby type yourself and have a website or journal accessible to the public, I'd love it if you could link to Balls to Congress again. Even if you're awesome like Connor and did it already. The more hits, the more documentation we have of the existence of the site and its functionality from earlier on, the better off we are going up against a power greater than we.

Thanks in advance.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger R. Rayyan said...

it's on the homepage of amaranth, for what that's worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home