Friday, June 29, 2007

Mea Culpa

I know I haven't been updating this blog on the level I should, or want to. There are a lot of things I'm thinking about both in analog and digital form, which are either preventing me from finishing just one or preventing me from spending time writing at the computer in the first place. But in the queue are:

• Recent Supreme Court decisions, the desegregation/racial quotas cases in particular
Carousel and the gender issues surrounding it
• The problematics of being a "do-gooder" and what one can be instead
• More on organic foods and social movements, inspired by the comments in Band-Aids and Open Wounds
• Contrasting views of sex and sexuality in 1984 and Brave New World (with other supporting dystopias) and their implications for the Bush administration
• Authors writing in the voice of a different gender from their own (someday I really will write this one that I've been promising to write for centuries, I SWEAR).

Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home