Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Slightly North of the Border, Down Mexico Way

This afternoon I'm bound for Austin, Texas, meeting my dear friend M, thence to Las Cruces, New Mexico, where I'll be campaigning for Obama until the election.

This may mean no Friday Poetry, as I'm not sure what my internet access will be like with my lovely host family. It may, in fact, mean no blogging until after the election, because I don't feel like dragging my computer with me. If so:

This blog formally endorses Barack Obama. We believe that his centeredness and dedication to his vision of America, as well as his spirited, clearly not-programmed daughters, are what we need in the White House if we're to clean up even the slightest bit of this mess in the next four years. We believe that his experience in community organizing and in constitutional law, along with his work as a legislator on both the state and national level, qualify him for the office of the President far beyond any particular executive experience. Executive protocol can be taught; professionalism, focus and leadership cannot. Barack Obama has exhibited graceful leadership in the manner in which he has run his campaign, in his organized thought (as exemplified by an interview with his running mate in Newsweek three weeks ago), and in his consistent efforts to keep the campaign to the facts and the pragmatics. Barack Obama exhibits skills, talents and personality traits that we desperately need in the executive branch right now.

Just so it's official. In the meantime, I'll liveblog if I can; if not, VOTE, ferfuckssake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger R. Rayyan said...

Good job out there in NM!!\

We're losing the EC votes in GA, but our GOTV effort is keeping Obama's popular election margin wider.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Connor said...

Written on Wednesday morning: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger HelsBells said...

You did a great job in NM!!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Gemma said...

Awwww--thanks, guys! And yay, Tyromaven, for keepin' that popular vote going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home