Monday, September 29, 2008

In Which We Call Attention to Connor's Brilliance

Because this is rather earthshatteringly awesome.

I don't have much to say about the bailout, though I do wish I'd become more dedicated to my autodidactic economics course earlier, rather than struggling to get back on it now. For the most part, it's simply the blatant hypocrisy that gets to me. And it says alarming things about a society that the American economy could, even if it's just in the minds of many, be entirely dependent on the collapse or artificial shoring up of a few big companies.

That's all I know until I teach myself more.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Connor said...

If by "brilliance" you mean for posting an internet meme, I accept the praise... but actually, that wasn't mine. That's just this forward that's bubbling around the i-net. Although I do agree with you:

It is brilliance.

It very eloquently puts this con job into the proper perspective.

Especially once I got a sense of how weakly the central flank of both parties decided to define "oversight," "golden parachute," and "compensation restriction."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home