Friday, April 13, 2007

Oh, Snap.

We are perhaps coming out of a serious April cold snap in Chicago.

I don't know if we're coming out yet, because I didn't know that we were going in.

It's occurred to me that all my living in and knowledge of Chicago has happened since the Industrial Revolution, and that most of the oddities I know of its weather have at some level been affected by that. Bad things are always sort of happening; crisis is when we near the point of no return.

Which was obvious, but I still just thought of it.

Onwards.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger R. Rayyan said...

Hey, have you read much Vonnegut?

Crisis and such. I think you're more tuned to him these days, and if you haven't already met, then this might be the right time. He'll enable some misanthropy and pessimism, but he's so full of a kind of childlike wonderous mischief and bruised hope.

A friend sent me a piece about V. written by John Irving in 1979. It reminded me that Vonnegut has been one of my favorite writers for a long time, and still is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home